Friday, May 30, 2008

Vision Statement

Current song in my head: Breaking Up-- Rilo Kiley
Current Mood: meh...

Business has been slow this week, so last night Raphael gave me a free coaching session (something he charges around $150 per hour for!). He often discusses his ideas and beliefs with me and he was telling me last night about a meeting he had with a potential business partner. This man is into astrology, spirituality and psychology, and massage therapy. He told Raphael that he believes that the past and the future don't exist, only the present is real. It's true if you think about it. The past is done and gone and doesn't really exist anymore; it's just memory. The future is just possibility, right? Or destiny, maybe, if you prefer. This man also believes that just by saying something, it comes true, because you've thought it, and put it out there. Raphael was enthralled by all of this, because it's basically what he believes, too, just put a little differently. He's very much into the Law of Attraction (positive energy and attitude attracts positive things, same with negative) and manifestation.
So, keeping all of this in mind...
He had me rate eight areas of my life and then my homework was to write out what each area would look like in it's ideal. I did it (see below) and then this morning he went over it with me and was very pleased. Now that I have written everything out, I'm supposed to put it away and forget about it. I've thought about it, put it out into the universe, and now I wait to receive. He says it's like a restaurant. You go and decide what you want. You give your order to the server and then you sit back and trust them to bring you what you asked for. I really liked doing this because it was nice to sit down and think long and hard about what I want in each aspect of my life and write it down.
And so, without further ado, my vision statement (keep in mind, it's written in the present because the future doesn't really exist):
Friends and Family
*My parents trust me to live my life and make adult decisions. We have a loving relationship with mutual respect.
*Help and support are there when I need it. I always return the favor.
*I stay in contact with friends, regardless of how far away/busy we are.
*I am fine spending time by myself, but I also make new friends.
*These is always someone to talk to/listen. I am always there to listen and offer comfort/advice/dessert.
Career
*I make a living as a photographer/artist. I enjoy it immensely--I am always eager to work and create. My inspiration and creativity always flourish! I have willing subjects and plentiful supplies.
*I am opening my diner. It is everything I hoped and dreamed and nerds everywhere adore it-- it shall be the Geek Mecca! Everything runs smoothly and business is steady.
*I have a samll farm with goats and llamas and a few chickens. I am totally self-sufficient, making and growing everything I need.
Personal Development
*I continue to grow and learn. I am always positive and manifest the best destiny I can.
*I am a beautiful person (inside and out) who does beautiful things.
*I take action!
*I have more patience when working towards my goals.
*I live in the NOW.
Physical Environment
*I have a clean and organized space.
*I am always able to feel settled and at-home. (There is more to home than material objects)
*I always feel welcome, comfortable and safe.
Health and Fitness
*I weigh at least 120 lbs
*I stay in shape, stay active (walk, bike, lift, dance, bowl, throw, etc.) and get plenty of fresh air.
*I am more conscious of how/what I eat. More: organic, free range, fresh/local, homegrown, etc. Less: HFCS, chemicals and preservatives, GMO's.
*Meds are unnecessary.
Fun and Recreation
*I am learning to crochet.
*There are always swings! And libraries! And crafty projects!
*I get out frequently.
*I continue to express myself artistically.
*I sing.
*I write a book/screen play.
Finances
*I am financially responsible and independent. I buy what I need and show restraint with what I want. I make all payments on time, easily, with plenty left over.
*I am saving for retirement, kids and college.
*I earn a comfortable living and am able to donate generous amounts to charities.
Romance
*I am fine on my own. Being with someone is ok, too.
Ideal partner:
*Tall, dark...handsome is nice, but optional. Accents are always welcome!!
*Musical. Likes to dance. (Playing guitar and singing on key would be nice)
*Open, shares, a willing listener. Patient, understanding, generous, kind, empathetic, smart.
*Sense of humor, but takes me seriously.
*Pacifist. Environmentally friendly/aware.
*Non-smoking. Healthy.
*Motivated, contributes, earns a comfortable living.
*Good with kids and animals; fine with adoption.
*Likes movies, traveling, spontaneity, cuddling.
*Embraces the inner child, but is mature.
*Celebrates with me (b-days, holidays, anniversaries, etc.).
*Love and support through everything.
*Mutual respect.
*Wants to spend time with me and go do things.


So there you have it. I know it's kinda cheesy, but it feels really nice to see that I do actually know what I want.

<3

No comments: