Sunday, November 9, 2008

Current Song in Head: Gay Bar-- Electric Six
Current Mood: crafty

So...
I suck at this whole updating thing.

I got back from Maryland this afternoon. I went down yesterday afternoon to go out with the gals for a slightly early b-day celebration. Bea and I chilled and waited for Laura to get off of work; we got some bubble tea. I had Peach Black Tea and it was super tasty. I didn't consume any bubbles, though, because they're scary. The three of us then got all gussied up and took the metro into D.C. We took lots of goofy photos; mayhaps some shall be posted here later. I did my best, as always, to look like a complete ass in all of them. I think I succeeded. We had dinner at this nice little Japanese place where I had the most massive bowl of Soba ever. It was really good! Then we went to a karaoke bar called Peyote Cafe (or something similar) and sang and danced a bit. It was the kind of karaoke where people went up in small groups and yelled their songs into the microphone. We did 'Since U Been Gone' (a secret fav of everyone :-P) and that Rick Astley song. It was super fab times!! It was really REALLY nice to get out and about with friends. :-D
What else? Not working at the moment... My last assignment was a one day filing gig at the Lancaster Voter Registration Office. Before that I was filing for two weeks in a doctor's office. Tomorrow I'm going to Harrisburg to tour the UPS place and, hopefully, get an interview for a part-time seasonal position. *crosses fingers* It would be nice to hear from the temp agency soon, too!
Oh! I got the two things that I wanted for my b-day within 24 hours of each other. Obama won the election and I finally got medical assistance to cover my medical bills from March!! Such a relief! Now I just need to figure out this whole Boston thing. I've started applying for loans, but, man, it's discouraging. I'm going to need a HUGE private loan to cover everything. It's really scary to consider when I can barely make my current payments. I might have spot in a co-op in Dorchester, but it's gonna be expensive (duh!) and apparently it's not in a terribly awesome neighborhood. People tend to get stabbed and shot there (including someone living at the co-op), so... yeah. Having second thoughts about that.
I've been trying to come up with back up plans in case Boston doesn't happen. I've been looking at programs for teaching English in Europe and Africa. Everything costs money, though, which I don't have.
I really want to start trying to sell some stuff on Etsy. I've been making a lot of stuff lately. I've started stenciling which I am really enjoying. It's really time-consuming which is nice when you don't have much to do. I also made a book from scratch-- mostly from stuff that was just lying around my room. Also really fun. Is it weird that I think stenciling and binding are fun? I used coptic stitch for my book (which is for recipes, btw) and it was so relaxing to just sit there and bind. I'm also working on making pens (of the ink dipping variety) from antique nibs. I'm having doubts as to whether any of this is even remotely Etsy-worthy. It would be so sweet to be able to make some money off of something I enjoy so much. I REEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLY wish it could just be my full-time job. Really. I've been posting pics of some of my stuff on Facebook to try to see what people think of it.
*le sigh*
Some sad notes: My car needs a $400 part replaced so it might be going bye-byes cuz I don't have $400. Also, my Pappy Charlie is in the hospital. :-( Here's hoping he gets well soon! And also, that money starts growing on trees.

And...I guess that's it.

Peace out, kids.

ps, Tomorrow I turn 23 and I don't think I really care. It was a really nice excuse to get out of town and frolick avec mes copines, though! <3

No comments: